We are a thriving and innovative medical practice that provides exceptional care to patients in our local community. We are currently seeking a Medical Assistant to join our team and provide support to our dermatologists and patients. Our practice offers a warm and friendly environment where patients feel comfortable at their visit, and we are looking for someone who shares our values and commitment to excellence. In addition to a supportive work environment, this role comes with a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, visual, and dental insurance, as well as paid time off, sick days, personal days, and holidays. We believe in investing in our employees and offering them the resources they need in order to be successful in their roles.
The Medical Assistant is responsible for providing medical assistance to dermatology providers, including rooming patients, updating all components of the patient’s medical history, documenting reason for visit and history of present illness. Assists the provider with office procedures including, but not limited to, biopsies, surgeries and treatments for various skin conditions.
Schedule: Monday – Thursday from 7:30 AM – 5 PM
Compensation: $20-22 x hr + comprehensive benefits package. Also including $1K Sign on Bonus!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Works as part of a team to see a patient volume of an average of up to 40 patients per day.
- Basic scribing responsibilities.
- Takes and documents patient HPI.
- Updates all patient medical/surgical/family history, medications and allergies
- Preps and assists numerous surgical procedures such as ED&Cs, shave/punch biopsies, ILK, I&D and others.
- Preps and assists numerous cosmetic procedures such as Botox, lasers, and others.
- Preps and assists with excisions or other surgical procedures as needed.
- Demonstrates strict sterile techniques.
- Numbs treatment areas as directed.
- Removes sutures as needed.
- Logs pathology and transmits pathology orders to appropriate lab.
- Inputs templates and scribes chart notes as required by provider.
- Processes RX refills and submits prior authorizations.
- Operates Narrowband and photodynamic therapy units.
- Fills liquid nitrogen containers for daily use.
- Cleans and stocks patient examination rooms and supply areas.
- Follows infection control practices.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Preferred Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- 0-3 years of administrative experience in medical / healthcare setting
- CMA certification a plus!
- Dermatology experience preferred
- Gap year medical students encouraged to apply!
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Medical scribing and EMR experience